Information we collect
We collect your email address when you submit it within the Home Gnome App, the Green Thumbometer App, the Enough Stuff App and on the website to receive email updates about the apps or send us your feedback.
You may, however, use these apps without submitting your email if you do not want to get email updates about the apps. We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes and to fulfil our legal obligations. We do not collect nor do we have access to the information you enter into the Home Gnome, Green Thumbometer and/or Enough Stuff apps for your home maintenance, gardening and inventory purposes. This is only stored on your device. This means we cannot provide you with a backup copy of your Home Gnome, Green Thumbometer or Enough Stuff data. You can back up your iPhone data to your computer on your own.
The Home Gnome and Green Thumbometer apps contain a standard Apple map which requests permission to access your location so that the location of local home improvement, gardening stores or plant nurseries near you will be visible on the map. This information is not shared with us.
So that the Home Gnome and Green Thumbometer apps will work properly on a seasonal basis in your location, we also ask you to tell us whether your house is in the northern or southern hemisphere. This information is stored only on your device and is not shared with us. It does not include information about your specific location.
Information we use
The only information these apps collect from you is your email, with your consent. It is used to:
- Send you emails through Mailchimp about app updates and tips about home maintenance, gardening and inventorying. This is optional and you can unsubscribe through Mailchimp at any point. All of our emails contain an unsubscribe link in the footer.
- Send you emails in response to your feedback and requests for customer support that we receive from you.
- Improve the Home Gnome, Green Thumbmeter and/or Enough Stuff apps based on information and feedback we receive from you.
- Improve customer service and support.
For as long as we maintain records of your personal information, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures. Your email is submitted to iCloud and subject to Apple’s security measures.
Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices, these devices are protected and accessible only to authorized employees.
We keep only feedback personal data files such as bug reports and store them only on local devices.
Our data retention policy
We will maintain records of your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you, as long as any of these apply:
- You are a registered subscriber to our Mailchimp mailing list.
- You have emailed us for a support request and your feedback is still relevant to further improving our product.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain data you send us in order to request support or help us improve our products, like report issues or logs, feature requests, etc. for no more than 5 years.
Under GDPR, you have the right to access and amend any of the personal data we hold, including deletion. We may ask for appropriate identification to fulfil your request, and an administrative charge may apply for copies of your data where applicable by law.
You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing a browser plug-in.
Disclosing information to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
In order to deliver our services, your details may need to be shared with one or more of the following data processors:
- Apple to process purchases through the iTunes App Store.
- Knownhost to host the app.rouviere.com website.
- Google Mail to receive the email you send us.
- Mailchimp to send you emails.
- Google Analytics to analyze App and Website traffic.
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable user/visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Our apps, Website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older for the purposes of the user providing an email address or other information. If you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use Home Gnome, Green Thumbometer or Enough Stuff Apps or this website to submit an email.
This document was prepared by Rouviere Media. It was last updated June 17, 2020.